Friday, August 19, 2005

Bad Surprise

Weird thing happened today. My Mom person had a migraine. I am used to seeing my Dad person have them, but she never has them. It just came on her all of the sudden this morning when she was cooking breakfast. She said she was seeing lights and got sick to her stomach. Then she went back to bed. She took some of his meds and I licked her face and she got to feeling better. I think it was the face licks that helped.

He said it was like the tables were turned. She was experiencing the pain and he was having to take care of her. He got a glimpse of what she has to go through with him and she got just a glimpse of what he deals with. He said he would rather have the pain than have to watch her feel bad.

Of course I have to watch them both. Now I will have to keep a closer eye on her too. It was bad to see her go down because she is not used to it and it scared her. He is used to it and said that he forgets how scary migraines really are.

Glad she is feeling better. I need to go out back and bark at the cows. They are getting a little out of line this morning. Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Mama is better, and good job keeping the cows in line.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things have been topsy turvy, Pirate. I hope both your mom and dad feel OK now. And that you showed the cows who's boss.

-Kerrie